Education & Training Committee
Chairperson: Ms. Moira Tan Siew See
- Mr. Wan Yew Leong (Programme Director for ASMC)
- Mr. Ahmad Arif Astaman (NSAs & Sport Clubs Relations)
- Prof. Madya Dr. Selina Khoo Phaik Lin (Higher Learning Institutions Relations)
- Mr. Suhardi Alias (Government Agencies Relations)
- Ms. Kalaivalli Ratnam (Colleges & Schools Relations)
- Mr. Nicholas Chan, Director of the OCM National Olympic Academy (NOA)
The Committee shall be responsible for the following:
- To consider and advise the OCM on the promotion of Olympic values-based education and provides strategic direction on OCM’s programs and activities related to education and training of youth, athletes, and officials through sport;
- To oversee, develop the resources for and monitor the delivery of OCM’s education and training programs, including but not limited to those for national sports association, athletes, coaches, administrators.
- To disseminate the Olympic values in various communications channels, and the promotion of the importance of sport and physical activity for all;
- To advocate for quality physical education and the integration of values in school curricular, and for suitable and age-appropriate sports in and out of school settings
- To optimize strategic partnerships with stakeholders and institutions working in the field of education.