A delegation from the Asian Kabaddi Federation (AKF), headed by its Secretary General, Mr. Muhammad Sarwar Rana, made a courtesy visit to OCM on Tuesday, 16 July 2019.
Mr. Muhammad Sarwar Rana was accompanied by:
- Prasad Rao, Technical Director of AKF and IKF.
- Sathasivam Munusamy, President of Kabaddi Association of Malaysia (KAM)
- Ashokan Munusamy, Deputy President of KAM
- Thinakaran Shanmugam, Secretary General of KAM
- Purushothman Palany, Executive Secretary of KAM
They were welcomed by Ms. Moira Tan Siew See, Assistant Secretary General of OCM and Mr. Fong Wan Hor, General Manager of OCM.
Prior to the courtesy visit to OCM, the AKF delegation had meetings with the National Sports Council and the Sports Commissioner’s Office to reaffirm the status of KAM as the governing body for the sport of Kabaddi in Malaysia.
The KAM has been affiliated to OCM since 2001 and had participated in numerous Multi-Sports Games under the purview of OCM as follows:
Four (4) times Asian Games:
- 14th Asian Games Busan 2002
- 16th Asian Games Guangzhou 2010
- 17th Asian Games Incheon 2014
- 18th Asian Games Jakarta-Palembang 2018
Two (2) times Asian Indoor Games:
- 2nd Asian Indoor Games Macau 2007
- 3rd Asian Indoor Games Vietnam 2009
Two (2) times Asian Beach Games:
- 2nd Asian Beach Games Muscat 2008
- 5th Asian Beach Games Danang 2016
The OCM is supporting the effort of the KAM to promote and develop the sport of Kabaddi in Malaysia.