Team Support Grants
The Team Support Grant provides financial support to one national team (in a sport on the summer or winter Olympic program) per National Olympic Committee who are preparing and participating in regional, continental or world level competitions with a view to attempting to qualify for the Olympic Games.
The national teams must have the following profile before their inclusion in this programme can be considered:
- A men’s or women’s team in a sport on the summer or winter Olympic programme;
- A team recognised as being at international level with minimum continental participation (junior teams will not be accepted in this programme).
The budget allocated for this programme can be used to finance the following activities:
- Costs relating to the organisation of national or international training camps for teams preparing for a specific competition;
- Coaching and training costs for the team; and
- Costs relating to the organisation of friendly matches that are useful to the team’s general training programme.
The following expenses will not be taken into consideration within the scope of this programme:
- Costs relating to the participation in competitions where the relevant International Federation covers them;
- Purchase of team delegation uniforms – however, the purchase of necessary sporting equipment for a specific activity may be considered by Olympic Solidarity on a case-by-case basis within a reasonable percentage of the overall budget.
Once the application process is opened by the Olympic Solidarity, the Olympic Council of Malaysia shall communicate with the relevant National Sports Associations to submit their application form.