Both Dione Tan and Sean Yeo participated in the Short Track Speed Skating Women’s 1,000m and Men’s 1,000m events respectively today.
Dione competed in Heat No. 7 and achieved the following results:
1. Luliia Beresneva (RUS) – 1:45.050
2. Mariya Gorbunova (KAZ) – 1:46.899
3. Dione Tan (MAS) – 1:47.536
4. Betty Moeske (GER) – 1:58.705
Overall, she was ranked 21 out of 29 skaters who participated in this event.
As for Sean, he competed in Heat No. 10 and achieved the following results:
1. Vladimir Balbekov (RUS) – 1:29.692
2. Natthapat Kancharin (THA) – 1:30.038
3. Sean Yeo (MAS) – 1:31.117
4. Matt Gardner (GBR) – 1:33.305
Overall, he was ranked 18 out of 32 skaters who participated in this event.
Although both of them did not qualify to compete in the following rounds, they had done their best for Malaysia.
The OCM would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Sean for having achieved his personal best timing of 1:31.117 in the Men’s 1,000m event.
Both Dione and Sean had demonstrated the spirit of Olympism as quoted by Baron Pierre de Coubertin:
“The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well.”