The 25th National Olympic Academy (NOA) Session for Young Participants 2023 is currently being coordinated by the OCM from 29th May to 2nd June 2023. This prestigious event is taking place at Wisma OCM, Kuala Lumpur.
Today, on the 30th of May 2023 (Tuesday), the NOA session commenced with an inspiring Opening Ceremony officiated by Ms. Moira Tan Siew See, Assistant Secretary General of OCM. In her heartfelt speech, Ms. Moira Tan Siew See warmly welcomed all the participants to this remarkable session.
“I extend a warm welcome to all the participants and encourage them to embrace the true spirit of Olympism, fostering the Olympic Values of Excellence, Respect, and Friendship.”
“Seize this opportunity to explore new ideas and share your experiences as you embark on a journey of becoming exemplary sports leaders in your respective fields.”
This NOA session holds the distinction of being one of the longest NOA running events around the world. This year, there are 30 participants, comprising 22 local participants and 8 international participants. The international participants include 2 representatives from the NOC Chinese Taipei, as well as 1 representative each from the NOCs of China, Korea, Laos, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Thailand.
Here is a list of the participants:
1. Jessie Hor Jia Xin (Malaysia Swimming Federation)
2. Farah Dhiba Abd Aziz (Football Association of Malaysia)
3. Nazmie Hashim (Football Association of Malaysia)
4. Sim Yong Qing (Table Tennis Association of Malaysia)
5. Sim Jun Jie (Table Tennis Association of Malaysia)
6. Queenie Ting Kung Ni (Malaysia Athletics Federation)
7. Pavinya Ramachandran (Malaysia Underwater Hockey Association of Malaysia)
8. Kok Jen Yew (Northern Light Private School)
9. Ariff Rasydan Fadzli (Ice Skating Association of Malaysia)
10. Carrie Lim Zhi Yee (Taekwondo Malaysia)
11. Seah Jing Ying (Taekwondo Malaysia)
12. Nur Izzah Abd Jaaffar (Taekwondo Malaysia)
13. Farah Ann Abdul Hadi (Malaysian Gymnastic Federation)
14. Lydia Wong Juan Ye (Malaysian Gymnastic Federation)
15. Bramakumari Mani (Kabaddi Association of Malaysia)
16. Lim Zan Ning (Lawn Tennis Association of Malaysia)
17. Matthew Lee Ren Tze (Malaysian Floorball Association)
18. Sarannia Veeramuthu (Malaysian Floorball Association)
19. Vijay Unni Suresh Unni (Malaysian Cricket Association)
20. Ahmad Zubaidi Zulkifli (Malaysian Cricket Association)
21. Harinderjit Singh Sekhon (MAZ International School)
22. Hydheer Natakusuma Akson (Malaysian Fencing Federation)
23. Yiran Zhang (NOC China)
24. Chang I Hao (NOC Chinese Taipei)
25. Chiu Pei Syuan (NOC Chinese Taipei)
26. Yoo Ko Eun (NOC Korea)
27. Maliphone Ounmano (NOC Lao)
28. Nataya Indria Dewi Rasyid (NOC Indonesia)
29. Nguyen Thi Huyen (NOC Vietnam)
30. Apiwat Pan In (NOC Thailand)
The theme for the 25th NOA session is “Renewal and Rejuvenation: How Can the Olympic Movement Remain Relevant to Youth through Physical Education and Olympic Values Education.” Throughout the session, a total of 15 lectures and various activities will be conducted to enrich the participants’ experience.
The NOA session was coordinated by Mr. Nicholas Chan, the Director of the National Olympic Academy and he was supported by moderators namely, Mr. Senathiraj Thevaratnam (Chief Moderator), Mr. Mohd Halim Ho Abdullah, Mr. Lee Jin Wei, Mr. Roshan Babu Balakrishnan, Mr. Thomas Kan Zhun Hoe, H.H. Tunku Nazroff Tunku Moksin, Ms. Tan Wei Wei, Ms. Kok Jen Dee, Ms. Zaifilla Farrina Zainuddin, Ms. Tan Ei Ling and Mr. Muhammad Raffiq Mohd Radzi.